Grab a toilet paper roll and some basic craft supplies and make a simple butterfly craft for kids!
Here are a few more spring-inspired crafts you might enjoy: Paper Bag Kites, Popsicle Stick Flower Pots, Stained Glass Butterfly, and Gumdrop Wreath.
Springtime is my very favorite season when it comes to craft projects. With inspiration from Easter, flowers, butterflies, and rainbows, there are so many fun ideas when it comes to spring crafting with the kids. I’m all about the low-mess kind of crafts that don’t call for a ton of supplies, so to celebrate the start of spring, we made these fun toilet paper roll butterflies!
These paper butterflies are simple to make, fun for the kids, and nearly mess-free! I’m giving out the free printable for this fun craft, so be sure to download your copy at the end of this post. Here’s how to make them –
How to Make Toilet Paper Roll Butterflies
- butterfly printable (download below)
- markers, crayons, or paint
- tape or glue stick
- toilet paper rolls
- Download and print the butterfly printable, then color it with markers, crayons, or paint.
- Cut out the printable and wrap it around the toilet paper roll, securing it with tape or glue. Add the antennae with tape or glue.
- Add the wings with tape or glue, and that’s it!
These butterflies are the perfect size for becoming puppets! You could even attach some yarn to them and hang in the window. There are so many possibilities with this fun, spring craft!
What a clever idea!