Make the countdown to Christmas even more magical with this DIY Magnetic Calendar. Made in just minutes, this advent calendar can be used year after year!
The countdown to Christmas officially begins on December 1st, and what better way to pass the time than with a small treat or activity?
This darling magnetic advent calendar is made with just a few simple supplies, and everything (besides the treats) can be used year after year!
And if you’re not big on candies and small treats, have no fear! We love filling our advent with a small activity or service we can do together each day. Things like:
- read a Christmas book
- drive around and look at Christmas lights
- bake a Christmas treat for a neighbor
- send a Christmas card to a far-away friend
- decorate the Christmas tree
(All of our ideas are included in the printable pack. Download it below!)
I love the simplicity of the design, and how functional it is – I hang mine on my fridge, but you can use a cute magnetic board as well! And we’ve got 2 sets of color options, so this is a project that will work for everyone!
Here’s how to make your own-
How to Make a Magnetic Advent Calendar
- advent calendar printables (download below)
- 2″ circle punch, optional, but makes life so much easier
- magnet strip or small magnets – I used the adhesive magnet strips to make this project super simple, but you could use any magnet and attach with hot glue
- round tins
- candies and/or other fillers
- Print off your advent circles and cut or punch them out.
- Cut your magnet into strips and stick it to the back of each tin.
- Place a circle in each lid, fill it with candies, small toys, or add an advent activity. NOTE: You don’t need to glue or tape your circles into the lids as long as you make sure to fill the tin with something – the bulk of the candies or toys will be enough to keep it flush against the clear plastic.
- Close the tin and hang it on your fridge or magnet board.
You can put your tins in a cute tree shape or place them in lines and start counting down to Christmas!
These would make a cute gift to give a friend, family member, or neighbor! With a little time and not much money, you’ve got a super cute magnetic advent calendar to enjoy the whole season!
Christmas Advent Printables
I can’t decide which colors I like more – the retro teal and pink set or the classic red and green set! Grab the whole set by adding your name and email address to the form below: