Encourage kids to read, both at home or in the classroom, with our printable reading log pack!
How to Create a Reading Log for Kids
SUPPLIES NEEDED –
- Reading Log Printable Pack (download below)
- printer + paper and card stock
- scissors or paper cutter
- glue stick or double-sided tape
- laminator (optional)
- markers, pens, or pencils
- First, download our printable pack, making sure you print off a cover page and enough inserts for each child.
- Print the cover page on card stock (optional), and then fold it in half and set aside.
- Print off the Reading log minutes and book review pages on regular paper and then cut on the lines down the middle.
- Place several of the inserts inside your folded cover page and staple together.
- Cut out our bookplates, write your child’s name, or your family name on the line, and glue or tape inside your books. You can also print these bookplates off on sticker paper if you want.
- Print out the matching bookmarks onto card stock and/or laminate if you’d like. You can even go a little further and add a ribbon to the top!
OUR READING LOG PACK INCLUDES:
- Cover page (to be folded in half, so there’s a front and back)
- Reading Log minutes tracker (2 on a page)
- Reading Log book review (2 on a page)
- Bookplates (8 on a page)
- Bookmarks (4 on a page)
I think these would also be so fun to give to a teacher. Print and fill out enough bookplates to add to all the books in her classroom library. Or, give her some books for her class library and include these bookplates already inside. (I can picture the cute bundle now- all tied up with some cute twine!)
Ready to download your own?
Enter your name and email in the form below for immediate access!
Hope you guys enjoy it, and happy reading!
This post was originally published on Somewhat Simple in 2011 but was updated in 2018 with new printables and images. Click HERE for the original designs, created by Simple As That Blog.