Fireworks on the 4th of July just got a whole lot safer! These DIY Sparkler Safety Cups are simple to make and require only 2 items to make them!
I’m not sure who came up with the idea of handing out 800-degree sticks of shooting flames to all the neighborhood kids, but around here, it isn’t the 4th of July without Sparklers! Kids of all ages love these things! To help aid in a little firework safety, we made each child a Sparkler Holder to guard little hands against falling sparks.
Here is a video with the simple tutorial.
Sparkler Safety Cups
- plastic cup
- lighter or match
- Using the screwdriver, punch a hole in the bottom of the cup.
- Slide the end of the sparkler through the hole so you can grab the end inside the cup. Now your hand should be covered by the plastic cup.
- Light the sparkler and have some fun!
SPARKLER SAFETY TIPS –
- Make sure the flame stays up high enough so it doesn’t start burning the cup.
- Children should never use sparklers unsupervised.
So there you have it! Have a happy and SAFE Fourth of July!