Valentine Garland + Fun Family Night
A fun family valentine garland that is simple, cute, and meaningful! Download our free printables and make one for your home today!
Last week my family spent the night together making this fun Valentine Garland. It’s a simple idea that probably won’t be featured in a home decor magazine, but it sure made for a sweet family night! We made memories with the people we love while talking about all the things we love. It was so much fun, I think this will be our new Valentine tradition!
Here is how we did it:
- printable garland set (download below)
- crayons or marker
- yarn, ribbon, or twine
- colored paper, optional
- crayons, optional
- clothes pins or tape
- Download and print out the heart garland. The pack comes with colored hearts, as well as a black and white version. If you use the black and white version to save on ink, print the file on red and pink colored paper, or let each family member color their own with crayons.
- Cut out each heart and give them out to your family members. I printed out enough hearts for each member to have 3 of their own hearts, but depending on the size of your family you might want to cut more or less to make sure your Valentine’s garland is nice and full.
- Have each family member write on their hearts all the things that they love! I loved seeing the things my family came up with. Some of my favorites were some of the most random – Xbox, avocados, legos… my kids had a blast with this! For the kids who are too young to spell, have them draw their pictures. (The pictures my 4-year-old drew of mom and dad are priceless!)
- Cut your yarn, ribbon, or twine to the length that you want your Valentine’s garland to be.
- Once the hearts are done, hang them on your twine by using clothespins or tape
- Hang your Valentine garland over your mantle, above a window, or somewhere you can see it each day.
It doesn’t get any easier than this!
Do you have any Valentine activities that your family enjoys? I would love to hear about it! Leave me a comment below. Have a happy Valentine’s Day!
Love love love this craft! It turned out so adorable!! I really like that you made it a "family" craft!
This is so cute, I'm loving all the pinks around at the moment!
Love it! Oh how nice to have young ones make such beautiful things for your home!
So sweet! I love it. Plan on doing this when my munchkin get a little bigger. Good idea around thanksgiving time too!
I love the scrap fabric ribbon ties. Very sweet garland, made all the sweeter by the family members expressing themselves.
Your garland is beautiful – especially because it's made with family love!
That's the best kind of project!
carolyn – homework