Painting your countertops is a budget-friendly way to update them. Here are 10 before and after transformations that will surely inspire!
Here are a few more DIY projects that will look GREAT in your home – Monogram Wreath, Giant Photo Collage, and Bathroom Closet Organization.
Counters are one of the biggest statement pieces in your kitchen or your bathroom – and that’s great if you have new, beautiful countertops. But for those of us with counters that are old and outdated, they can be a real eyesore! Lucky for everyone, there is a budget-friendly solution!
Today we’re sharing 10 before and after images of some amazing transformations that all started with some paint. Click the links below the images to be taken to the painted countertop tutorials.
How to Paint Your Countertops
1. Itching for a kitchen remodel, but can’t afford new countertops? Learn how to paint your kitchen counters to get the high-end marble look. Tutorial from A Beautiful Mess.
2. These painted kitchen counters + the painted cabinets are such a great update! From The Thome Home.
3. Carrara Marble is so hot right now, but it is suuuuuuper pricey and so hard to take care of! Fake it for a fraction of the cost by learning how to paint a faux Carrara marble. From Simple Prairie Life on HomeTalk.
4. Painting the counters and vanity in this bathroom completely updated the whole space! (I love the color of the drawers and the new hardware, too!) From Average But Inspired
5. From dull to perfection, these painted kitchen counters are beautiful! From Meredith Lynn Designs
6. Soapstone sure is beautiful, but it is awfully pricey! Simplicity in the South shows us how to use black paint, water, and plastic grocery bags to get the same look. Isn’t this painted counter in her cottage guest shed gorgeous?
7. Did you know you could make your own concrete counters? Check out this concrete counter DIY from A Beautiful Mess
8. Golden marble counters turned shiny bright and white! (And the new faucet looks fantastic!) Tutorial on Remodelaholic from I’m Flying South.
9. I love everything about this kitchen transformation! Isn’t it stunning? From Andie Mitchell
10. Learn how to paint a bathroom countertop and shower for a bright white makeover without a contractor or demo. From Blesser House
I hope you found this helpful! Now go start painting!
This is such a great idea…I wish I tried it before I bought new countertops!
That's really neat! Does the paint chip easily, or has it been pretty durable?
Thanks for the tip!! What a great idea.
thanks for sharing I have often wondered if this was possible
I actually did do this 2 years ago on my kitchen counters (painted them to look like granite) and they have held up perfectly! You can find my step-by-step video on my blog (to get the granite look)
I am so not gentle with them! They are laminate so you can't put a hot pot directly on them anyway (will scorch) so that aspect didn't change with the painted part but I actually chop on mine & cut cookie dough & scrape bread dough off and nothing has chipped or discolored 🙂 HTH someone who's thinking about it!
@ Creative Kristi
Kitchen transformation from Giani is really stunning. LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing and inspiration.
You’re welcome! Thanks for stopping by!